Can you believe that it's been almost a year since AccuQuilt last hosted the Barn Quilt Contest? Well, it has and that means that it's once again time to start working on a new block to enter.
Here's the scoop:
The contest entry dates are from March 16 until April 9, 2012, with the winner being announced at the AQS Quilt Show & Contest in Paducah, KY (April 25-28). The winning block will be unveiled on June 22, 2012 during the AccuQuilt Let's GO! Quilting Retreats. The winning designs will be proudly displayed on AccuQuilt’s new home office.
One lucky winner will be chosen to receive a $1,000 AccuQuilt Shopping Spree along with a trip for two to Omaha, NE, to visit AccuQuilt’s new headquarters for the public unveiling of the winning barn quilt design. In addition, the runner up contestant will receive a $250 AccuQuilt Shopping Spree.
How do you enter? It's easy:
No purchase is necessary to enter; just click on the AccuQuilt Barn Quilt Design Contest badge on the right hand side of my blog to be taken directly to the entry site.
Grand prize winner will receive a prize package consisting of:
- One (1) $1,000 AccuQuilt Shopping Spree ($1,000 value)
- Round trip airfare for themselves and a friend from winner’s home and transportation to Omaha, NE, for an unveiling ceremony for their design on the AccuQuilt offices.
- Two (2) tickets to the 2nd Annual Let’s GO! Quilt Retreat in Fremont on June 20-21, 2012 for themselves and a friend.
- Three (3) night hotel stay (one room for three nights).
- Includes breakfast, lunch and dinner for three days.
One runner up prize winner will receive a prize package consisting of:
- One (1) $250 AccuQuilt Gift Certificate
- One (1) ticket to the 2nd Annual Let’s GO! Quilt Retreat in Fremont on June 20-21, 2012.
The top one hundred (Top 100) quilt block designs will be selected by a panel of AccuQuilt’s management from among all eligible entries received. Each of the 100 winners will receive a prize package aggregate value of $25 consisting of:
- One (1) $25 AccuQuilt Rewards Points ($25 value)
Who wouldn't want to win an AccuQuilt shopping spree, not to mention having your block on the side of their corporate headquarters? So, get out your pencils and paper - or should I say, AccuQuilt GO!, GO! Baby or Studio - and start designing.