Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well another year has come and almost gone. A new year is just a few hours away. What! How can this be? Where did 2010 go?

Is it just me, or do the days go by faster as you get older? I start the week with a list of things to do and hit Friday wondering why only a few have been checked off. Okay, my husband would say that I play on the computer too much, but I disagree. Most of my designing is done on my Mac, so by default I am on the computer a good portion of the day. I'm also on Facebook and visit other designers' blogs. I love connecting with other quilters and craftspeople and seeing what they're working on. I enjoy the relationships that I've formed on-line and appreciate the help and advice that I receive from friends I've never met.

While it does take up a lot of time, I don't see time spent on the computer as time wasted or lost, although I do wish the clock would stop while I'm chatting on-line! I see it as time spent discovering new techniques, finding new trends and connecting with like-minded artists. It's opened up another world of ideas and connections for me; I've even made some new friends. How can time spent expanding your art and developing new relationships be time wasted? I don't think it is.

So, although I don't have all of the items on my 2010 to-do list done, I will enter 2011 with new friends, fresh ideas and lots of goals. Looking back on what I did accomplish in 2010 will spur me on to achieve even more in 2011.

I hope you attain all your goals - or at least some of them - in 2011!


No comments: