Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WIWOW May 25, 2011

Hi everyone:


Not as much quilting this week. 4 day week-end with some shopping and lots of gardening. Weeding, planting, pruning, thank goodness the weather cooperated on Saturday so we were able to get it all done. I did manage to finish quilting Chock a Block, although it took me a little longer than I would've hoped.
Chock a Block by Chatterbox Quilts
I'm still practising pantographs and, due to some issues with my laser set-up (I won't even go into the details here), my quilting became off track and I ended up stitching over part of the previous row. Not good! Of course this meant that I had some un-stitching to do, which takes much longer on a frame than you'd think to accomplish. I ended up having to adjust my quilting several times along the last row and finally finished up at about 11:30 on Saturday evening. Not my idea of an ideal evening!
   
Chock a Block quilted detail

Chock a Block overview
I think I'm going to stop quilting on the frame this week (really, nothing to do with the frustrating Saturday evening I had) and get back to some sewing. I have a few projects in the works that I haven't been able to work on lately. I still have to do another prototype of my Hootie owl, so hopefully I'll get back to that too.


Of course I have to review my stash and books to see what I should be looking for this upcoming week-end at the Festival of Quilts at Heritage Park in Calgary. Over 500 quilts will be covering the park this week-end and, for the first time, there will be quilts available for sale. I'm quite interested to see how many of these there will be and how they will be priced. If you're there and see me, make sure you say hi. I'll also be at the dinner on Saturday evening to hear Diane McGregor of Castilleja Cotton speak. 
Twirling Whirlies at the 2010 Festival of Quilts
Notice the winter jacket - it was cold!
I also have some exciting information that I'll let you know about in my next blog post. I've been holding this under my hat for several months now and can finally let you in on the big news.


I hope you've enjoying warm weather and have some quilt shows upcoming in your area.

2 comments:

Lee D said...

Think I am going on Sunday! Hope it dries up and warns up too!

Castilleja Cotton said...

Thanks so much for the mention. I have been working on my presentation this week.