Thursday, May 8, 2014

You Can Never Have Enough Fabric, Can You? Part 2

Hi everyone:

If you haven't read my last blogpost, you might want to do so before you read on…

So there I was with my bags stuffed full of fabric, buttons and trims and there were still more rooms and items to look at buy

While I wasn't really interested in the yarn - and there were balls and balls of it - I did think it would be worth my while to check out the specialty fabric room. Surprisingly enough, I found a few items that I had to add to my purchases. 
Wooly fabric - perfect for a sheep applique or stuffie
Love the colours in this oriental brocade 
The reverse side is just as beautiful
And there were also quilt stencils, and I picked up a few of these too. I can definitely justify these purchases as I only have two quilt stencils in my studio. Now I have a few more.
Quilt stencils to add to my studio 
I had to pick up just a few more stencils
I had finished the main floor shopping - well, I did go back to the button room to grab a few more bags of buttons - and it was time to go upstairs to the books and patterns area. I couldn't miss out on the books at this sale as they were two for $1.00. 






Such a deal! The only problem was  that it was difficult to get near the quilt books and then I had to  remember if I already had these books in my library! 

With over 400 books in my craft library, I sometimes forget if I own a book. In any event, for the price it didn't really matter if I did buy a duplicate book, which I didn't.
BOM patterns from Indygo Junction
I also picked up a few patterns and a magazine. This issue of Sew Somerset is a few years old, however there are lots of creative sparks in it.
Lots of design inspiration in this issue
By now my bags were full, my arms were sore and I still had to carry everything down the stairs and several blocks to my car. Thankfully, my quilting friend helped me carry my purchases out as I'm not sure that I could've made it on my own. Then it was home and time to sort everything out and put it away. And get the cat's approval.
Teeka approved
And it's snuggly too

No comments: