Sunday, September 26, 2010

Creative Stitches & Crafting Alive 2010, Calgary, AB


Wow! I must've walked 100 miles this week-end. Was I in a walk-a-thon? No, I was at the Creative Stitches & Crafting Alive show in Calgary, AB on Friday and Saturday. This annual event has lots of quilting and scrapbooking vendors and seminars and is a great opportunity to see what's new and upcoming. My friend, Cathy from Pine Freckle Forest, joined me on Friday, along with my son, Jamie. I decided to go back on Saturday so my daughter, Sarah, could have a look around - okay, I really wanted to see it again too!



Matt & Gage from Manquilter.com



I was delighted to visit with friends and make new ones as well. I was especially happy to meet Matt Sparrow of Manquilter.com, as he had his son, Gage, with him. Gage is the same age as my son, Jamie and they spent Friday together at the show. Jamie & Gage had lots of fun visiting the vendors and hanging out. This allowed me lots of time to shop! So thanks, Matt and Gage, for that opportunity.


Horst Hoyer of To Be Quilting with customers
I also had time to chat with my friends, Horst and Julie Hoyer of To Be Quilting. My studio looks like an advertisement for their products, as I have both the B-Line 18 and Studio model frame from them. My Juki Tl-98Q was also purchased from Horst and Julie and since it is now off the frame it is my favourite piecing machine. I was excited to see the features of the Q-Bot and was amazed at the precision and flexibility of this add-on robotic quilter. 
Note: I no longer own the B-Line 18 or frame as I sold them and have upgraded to a Handi Quilter Infinity as of December 2015.

Nancy from Wonderfil Threads
Another one of my favourite vendors I visited was Wonderfil Threads. I love using their products and they are constantly adding to their selections. I can't resist all the yummy colours and bought some of their Spagetti line to try out. They have friendly customer service and are always available to help you out with any of your thread and quilting questions.

So, after visiting and chatting, it was time for some serious shopping. After lots of searching, I managed to find a few things to bring home. Thanks goodness my quilt sherpas, Jamie and Sarah, were able to help me with these! Just a small sample of what managed to find its way into my backpack. 

Oh yes, there was something else that I brought home from the show. I'll tell you more about this next time.

No comments: