Wednesday, June 15, 2011

WIWOW June 15, 2011

Hi everyone:


Well, it's been a very busy week for me. I did manage to get the binding stitched on two of my quilts - the Olivia one and a 5 & Dime quilt. Now I actually have to do the hand sewing part. I always think this will take a long time, but really it's only a tv show or two :)
Olivia's My Girl quilt

5 & Dime quilt in Moda fabrics
I've been receiving emails from followers letting me know that they've received their Summer 2011 issue of Quilter's Connection Magazine with Blossoming on the cover. I'm so excited to hear their positive comments and so glad that they like my pattern. 


Still riding the excitement of my first magazine cover, I received more positive news. Quilt shops will soon be able to order Chatterbox Quilts' patterns through The Pattern Peddlers. I'm very pleased to be working with them and look forward to a successful relationship.




As if that wasn't enough, I am currently working on a tight deadline to finish a pattern for an international magazine. Can't say too much about this yet, but you'll be the first to know when it's published. Also, you may not hear much from me for the next week or so as I'll be head down in the studio cranking this one out. 


I'm also looking at some local teaching opportunities for the fall. The class is still being finalized, but I'm hoping that it will involve my GO! cutter. I'm often asked about this little baby (well, they have one of those too!) and enjoy using mine so much that I would love to teach others about it. Plans are still in the works, but hopefully I'll be able to tell you about this soon as well.





It seems that it never rains but it pours, but I'll take this kind of rain any day! 


Loving this "job" I have :)

3 comments:

Dolores said...

Well, congratulations. Looks like you will be very busy. Have fun creating.

Kay Mackenzie said...

Huge congrats on all counts! You are really taking off... enjoy every minute!

Chatterbox Quilts said...

Thanks, Dolores & Kay. I am enjoying all the good things happening in my quilting life right now. Just need to clone myself to get everything done! :)