Thursday, June 20, 2013

6 Ways to Get Your Art On

Hi everyone:
Online Quilting Classes


Have you always wanted to try painting, but never seemed to get around to it. Love the look of landscapes, but don't know how to paint one yourself? Well, no more excuses! Here's your chance to try your hand at landscape painting or portraiture. You can even learn how to mix colours like a master. 

You may wonder what I'm talking about. Craftsy is launching their first series of fine art on-line classes starting on June 22 and there are six different classes to choose from. Here are the new fine art classes that you'll see when you check Craftsy on June 22:

Patrick Connors - Perspective in Landscape Drawing (Fine Art)

Bennett Vadnais - Acrylic Landscape Painting (Fine Art)

Matt Rota - Portraits in Watercolor (Fine Art)

Micah Ganske - Exploring Acrylic Through Narrative Portraiture (Fine Art)

Rob Zeller - Drawn to Painting (Fine Art)

Scott Gellatly - Master Pallates: Exploring Color Mixing (Fine Art)


Now I'm definitely not an expert in the area of painting or drawing, but I'm sure that these instructors are tops in each of their fields - that's a given with any Craftsy course. I have dabbled briefly in watercolours, so may have to check out one of these classes to see how I can improve my technique (I actually don't have much of a technique, so maybe I could develop one!). 

If you haven't tried a Craftsy class yet, you may want to start with one of the new fine art classes. If you're still not sure whether you'd like their learning platform, why not sign up for one of their mini-courses? They're FREE

Online Quilting Class

A great way to "try it before you buy it". I'm sure you'll enjoy the Craftsy platform and will soon be enrolled in just a few courses - or 5 or 10, like me. 


Now off to dig out those acrylic paints and brushes that I have somewhere...



No comments: