Monday, September 23, 2013

Welcome Summer, er Fall

Hi everyone:

Welcome to fall or summer, as we're calling it in Calgary this year. While we would typically be donning our fall coats by this time of year, this September we're luxuriating in unseasonably warm temperatures. White shoes being worn after Labour Day? You betcha - and sandals and shorts too! Unfortunately, this lazy summer weather isn't meant to last (that's why we appreciate it so much) and will soon be giving way to cooler temperatures. But, as I put away my summer duds, I will be pulling out my quilting fabric.
 While I had great plans to accomplish many quilt projects this summer, it was not meant to be. While we weren't affected by the "Great Flood of 2013" (really, not so great), we were working on our house, specifically the basement area. I've previously posted about some of the redecorating that we were doing and am pleased to report that it has not been finished - almost. There are still a few vent covers to be screwed in and pictures to be hung on the walls, but the walls are painted, new cork flooring has been installed and the baseboards and door trim have been nailed into place. My fabric has been categorized and stored in new bookshelves (with doors to keep out the dust and kitty fur), WIP's are now all together in one place and I'm feeling much more organized and sane. Now I feel confident that I can tackle some fall projects!

In my next blogpost I'll share some more details of the redecoration/renovation, but in the interim, I'll leave you with some images of "how I spent my summer vacation".
Waterfall near Hamilton, ON
Delicious ice cream in Huntsville, ON


Managed to fit in some quilt shopping in Huntsville, ON
Chillin' at the lake at my brother's cottage
Celebrating my birthday with my parents and family
Still looking stylish even with the hat :)
Notre Dame, Montreal, QC


Design inspiration at McGill University, Montreal, QC


Gladioli at lunch in old Montreal, QC
Have to enjoy some crepes while in la belle province





Chatting with an artist in old Montreal, QC
He had been vending from this stall for 40 years!
One of the beautiful murals in Sainte Adele, QC
Lac Cornu in the Laurentians, QC, where I spent some girlfriend time
Reminds me of a Monet painting


The perfect end to a wonderful summer holiday
I hope you enjoyed a fabulous summer and are working on some fun fall projects :)

No comments: