Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Graduation, New Youtube Videos and Quilting

Hi everyone:

There has been so much going on in May and June, both personally and professionally. This is a big year for our family with my daughter graduating from grade 12 and preparing for university and my son graduating from grade 9 (junior high) and getting ready to enter high school. Lots of ceremonies, lots of photos and lots of new clothes. Now it's time for lots of studying for both of them as diploma exams and PAT's are fast approaching. 
Sarah and I before her graduation banquet
Sarah and I with my favourite pose.



















It's exciting to see them both growing up and I couldn't be prouder of both of them. At the same time, it's a bit bittersweet as I realize that my daughter is on the threshold of adulthood and could soon be leaving us to pursue her university education. She's afraid if she moves out that I'll turn her bedroom into a quilting studio! Wherever could she have gotten that idea?!

As you know, I've been adding to my videos on Youtube and now have a weekly series to share with you. These videos are in their own playlist, Creative Chats with Kim. Subscribe to my Youtube channel to be automatically notified when the next video is available. The second video in this series will be released this week, so if you haven't already watched the first one, you won't be too far behind.

I love this new video series where I have the opportunity to chat with you about all things quilty and fibre arts and hope you enjoy them too. Please send me any suggestions you may have for topics you'd like me to cover in this series - especially if it involves sourcing fabrics and vintage linens from estate sales and quilt shops. 

I look forward to your comments and suggestions.

No comments: