Tuesday, November 19, 2013

You Know it's Winter When …

Hi everyone:
Manga Puppy appliqué template by Jamie Hirst for Chatterbox Quilts

WARNING: This post contains pictures and descriptions of kitties. Dog lovers might want to skip this one.

I think winter has finally arrived in Calgary: there is lots of white stuff on the ground and sandals have given way to winter boots. When the temps outside start to drop, the gas fireplace starts coming on more frequently. While I love to sit in front of the fireplace with a cup of tea and a good quilting book, it's sometimes difficult to find the time to do so. If I do have a few minutes to do this, you can be sure that I don't leave it or the interlopers, AKA Charlie and Teeka, move in.

Sarah was recently working on some homework while basking in the warm glow of the fireplace, but then she made just such an error: yes, she got up and left her place empty. It wasn't long before the two furry cohorts laid claim to her spot – and her homework.







I hope you learn from Sarah's mistake and aren't left out in the cold as she was.

Now it's back to working on a new hand embroidery stitchery in front of the fireplace.
Don't tell Charlie and Teeka!




1 comment:

SewCalGal said...

When kitties huddle by the fireplace, I think that is a definite sign Winter has arrived. Stay warm and safe.

I look forward to seeing your stitchery. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com