Wednesday, July 13, 2011

WIWOW - July 13, 2011

Hi everyone:

Here's what I was working on the past few days. Very preliminary in this photo and you'll have to wait a bit until it's completely together and I've photographed it. Or, if you're in the Calgary area, you'll be able to see this project at Country Creations quilt show this upcoming Saturday from 10:00 until 4:00, where I'll be promoting my upcoming Let's Get GO!-ing class. I'll be teaching this pattern at Bow Bench Retreat this October. I can tell you that it uses GO! dies and is super quick to construct. I'll have more photos of this pattern on future blog posts.


Also this week, in anticipation of the Calgary premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, my daughter, Sarah, has created an embroidery set consisting of Harry, He Who Must Not Be Named (Voldemort) and her own version of the Deathly Hallows symbol.
Harry Potter - notice the HP props - no
shortage of these in our household!

Not only did she create the designs, but she stitched up the samples too. I must admit that her hand embroidery is better than mine (but don't tell her that!). She was very diligent in finishing the samples so we could get these up for sale. You'll find the set at Chatterbox Quilts should you be a Harry Potter freak fan and embroiderer, such as Sarah. 
How was I involved in this pattern, you ask? Well, who do you think did all the pattern instructions? Sometimes I think it's easier to actually make the projects than to do the computer work, which always seems to take longer than it should. Or maybe I'm just a little slower than I should be at it :)

Off to finish up my sample so it'll be ready for the show on Saturday. If you're there and see me, be sure to say hello.


No comments: